Continuing Education Hours for Renewal
- 24 CE hours are needed for renewal.
- 6 must involve topics in professional ethics or legal issues in the delivery of counseling services
- Board Qualified Supervisor (BQS) renewal coincides with LPC renewal.
- A Qualified Supervisor will need to complete a minimum of one (1) hour of supervision continuing education per year; a minimum of two (2) hours per renewal period.
- Hours to be reported must be for the time period since your last renewal. i.e. 2018 renewals report continuing education hours for the period July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018.
Approved Continuing Education Criteria
Continuing Education approved by the following entities:
- American Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Mississippi Counseling Association / Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselor Association
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- The National Board of Certified Counselors Search for an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider
Refer to the Rules and Regulations - on other ways to receive CEH (i.e. coursework, Home Study, Presentations, Publishing, Counseling, Research, and/or Organizational and Regulatory)
NBCC Review form for non-pre-approved CEH