LPC by Comity
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) by Comity
CCCMississippi does not have agreements of reciprocity with any other state. However, individuals can apply for an LPC by Comity by meeting the following requirements (complete requirements are posted in Rule 4.3 of the Rules and Regulations):
Pre-application Requirements for Licensure by Comity
- A qualified Master’s degree in Counseling with 60 semester-hours or 90 quarter-hours. Program shall be either CACREP program or a degree program with the word counseling in the title. (Link to 4.2.C Rules and Regs)
- Valid LPC license, at the independent practice level, issued by another state.
- Out-of-state license in good standing, with no disciplinary action.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience as a counselor since the issue date of the license.
Individuals applying for Licensure by Comity should also be prepared to submit with your application:
- Verification of Licensure in Other Jurisdiction (link to Form D)
- Copy of original licensure file which includes supervision verification forms, transcript, and national exam scores. If the state will not forward a copy of your license file, then you must submit the documentation directly to the MS LPC Board as required.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Certificate of completion of Mississippi Jurisprudence Examination
- Three (3) work references.
- Fingerprint Background Check. You will order a fingerprint card from the Board when you pay your application fee at the end of the application process.
If you have met the pre-application requirements and want to begin your application for LPC by Comity, please print the PDF below for reference and follow the Instructions below.
Are you ready to apply for Licensure by Comity? Yes
Instructions for Applying for Licensed Professional Counselor by Comity
- Create an online Profile by entering your Social Security Number and the code provided.
- Select the Comity option
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Upload your certificate of completion for Mississippi Jurisprudence Examination
The “no fail” Mississippi Jurisprudence exam is available from CCE Academy at academy.cce-global.org Select the LPC examination. Upload the certificate of completion of the Mississippi Jurisprudence exam.
The “no fail” Mississippi Jurisprudence exam is designed with a pool of questions in which you must answer a minimum of thirty correctly. You cannot fail this exam. You will keep getting questions until you get the designated number correct.
Steps to Access and Complete the Mississippi Jurisprudence
Step 1. Go to academy.cce-global.org
Step 2. Click on Register
Step 3. Once registered, click on Jurisprudence, select Mississippi in the drop down.
Step 4. Select either the LPC or LPC-S
Step 5. Go to Cart and purchase your assessment
Step 6. Go back to Mississippi Jurisprudence to begin your assessment
Step 7. Once you complete the assessment, your certificate will be emailed to you. It will also be stored in your Account.
- Provide three (3) references with email addresses. When your application is submitted, the Board will send an email requesting a letter of reference from these individuals that will be returned directly to the Board.
- Select whether or not Active Military.
Part 1 – Personal Information
Complete all blanks as applicable to you. Note the following for successful application:
- Complete the Name section taking care to use upper and lower-case letters, and your legal name as recognized by federal authorities. If your transcript and exam records are under another name, please note.
- Complete Address section with current information for receipt of documents mailed from the Board office. You will be able to update the address information if necessary.
- Email address and Password are required to log back in to your Profile. Secure these for future reference.
- Complete the exam results questions and order your score results to be sent to the Board from NBCC if an official copy is not already included in your license file from another state. (link to NBCC)
- Current “passport style photo” is required to be uploaded. Photo of head and shoulders only, color, no distracting background, professional look. Selfie photo with blank background is acceptable, provided the previous requirements are met.
- Only verified primary sourced graduate degree transcripts are necessary and considered for application.
- Fingerprint background check is required for application. You will order a fingerprint card from the Board when you pay your application fee at the end of the application process.
Part 2 – Course Verification Review
- Complete the chart with coursework from your graduate program.
- Each applicant must have completed 3 semester hours in each of the 12 areas for consideration for licensure.
- Order your official transcript to be sent to the Board by eScrip, if such transcripts are not included in your license file from another state.
Part 3 – Supervised Experience
- Complete this section for each experience in which you obtained hours from a Supervisor that was approved by the Mississippi Board or another state’s licensure board. Copies of your Supervision experience forms should be included in your license file from another state.
Part 4 – Personal Licensure History
- Answer each of the questions honestly and substantiate your response if necessary. Be prepared to provide additional documentation. A “Yes” answer does not mean certain denial; however, failure to disclose information will result in denial of application.
- “Return to Profile” will return you to the General Registration page allowing you to update and make changes.
Part 5 – Oath
- Affirm by checking the box that your statements are true and correct to the best of your knowledge.
Part 6 – Affidavit and Release
- Do NOT check this box if you have not completed all the previous parts of the application. You will not be able to perform any edits after you check the box.
- Continue to Payment if you are ready to initiate your application. Your application is not activated until payment is made.
- Check the box next to your application fee amount.
- Check the box for the required fingerprint background card to be mailed to the address you selected as your preferred address. Instructions for successful submission of the fingerprint card will be enclosed.
Are you ready to apply for Licensure by Comity? Yes