File A Complaint

According to Rule 8.1 and 8.2, if you wish to file a complaint against a Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or a Provisionally Licensed Professional Counselor (P-LPC), you may do so by placing that complaint in writing and sending it to the Board. According to the 2014 American Counseling Association Code of Ethics, you should attempt to resolve your complaint with the counselor directly. If this is not successful, you may file your complaint with the Board.

The Board will assign your complaint a number so no names will be known to anyone but the Board attorney and Executive Director. Once the complaint has been received, a Board member is assigned to investigate the case. A notification is sent to the counselor against which the complaint was filed allowing him or her to respond to the alleged charges. If necessary, the Board can sanction a licensee as outlined in Rule 8.3. Note: Investigations will not be made unless complaints are in writing and signed by the complainant.

Complete Complaint Form – Paper or Online

If you use the paper form, complete the Complaint form.
Have it notarized, then mail original to:

Mississippi State Board of Examiners
for Licensed Professional Counselors
239 North Lamar Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Office: 601 359-1010